Thursday, April 12, 2012

THE Dress

The single most important dress you'll ever wear:  Your wedding gown.

I was fortunate enough that I didn't really have to try on three hundred gowns before I found mine -- it appeared to me in a magazine and it was literally love at first sight.  My heart stopped, my pulse raced, and I'm pretty sure I heard bells ringing.  Tried it on and BAM.  I knew instantly.

I imagined there would be tears of joy and that I would be completely overwhelmed (a la Say Yes to the Dress).  But no.  I was just super excited and couldn't imagine myself in anything else for the big day.  Then again, I'm not usually a hyper-sensitive, emotional girl to begin with.

No, I'm not going to reveal my dress before the big day :)  BUT I will share with you two absolute STUNNERS from the S/S 2012 runways that I WOULD have bought, had I been getting married later this year:


Zac Posen - S/S 2012

AHHHHH I DIE!  I'm not usually a fan of mermaid-ish type wedding gowns but this one is stunning!  You have modern, edgy, sexy lines throughout the top, and a gorgeous, romantic, amazingly textured bottom.  In love with the juxtaposition of it all.  Oh, how I wish this dress was out last year!


Monique Lhuillier - S/S 2012

Now this gown is amazeville!  It's very similar to my own wedding dress, except this one has that killer thigh-high slit (I'm a sucker for thigh-high slits)!  Again, you see a pattern in the dresses i tend to be drawn to -- stream-lined top, textured, romantic, flowy skirt ;)


If any of you are Winter 2012 / 2013 brides and have budget to spare -- DO try on these gowns, so that I can live vicariously through you.

My biggest piece of advice for choosing THE gown?

  • Don't bring a huge entourage of people to your appointments.  This will only confuse you, since everyone has a very particular and personal idea of what a beautiful dress is.  You don't want their opinions to reflect what you really want to look like on your day.  Remember -- it's about YOU and what you feel amazing in.  I tried on dresses on my own (yes...you heard right), or usually with just one other person.
That being said...enjoy the process, and buy the dress that makes you feel like a queen :)

xoxo

TT

No comments: