Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ladurée

If you know me...then you already know my obsession with pretty pastries (especially cakes and cupcakes). But lately I've taken to these pretty little macarons (yes, one "o") sold @ David's Tea (where I HIGHLY recommend trying btw....especially their STRAWBERRY FIELDS GREEN TEA). My favourite is their Lavender-Vanilla flavor macaron. AMAZING!



I must have these at my next event.


I want to attempt to make them too, but I doubt they'll come out the same (the texture and flavors seem to be pretty complex, even though they LOOK simple).

Anywayyyyy....So i started looking for other places in the GTA that may carry macarons, but to no avail. sucky :( However i DID manage to discover a place in Paris, France that absolutely blows my mind:

LADURÉE!!!!!!!


Ladurée is a luxury cakes and pastries chain which "invented" the double-decker macaron. Founded in Paris, France, it now has tea rooms opened across Europe, Bahrain, Dubai, and Tokyo. Check out the site....everything is so lush and pretty!! I LOVE IT!!! My fave location is the Marie Antoinette inspired tea room in Tokyo:












Honestly....it's like they had ME in mind during this whole process. I am smitten!

Someone take me to Tokyo & Paris, please!!!!

In the meantime....I'll just peruse the site, imagine myself in the Cafe in Monaco, and drool over the online menus. *sigh*

No comments: