Monday, November 17, 2008

Music to My Soul.

Guess what, folks? There are actually some FANTASTIC R&B and Hip Hop albums being released this month and December that you can finally be excited about. It's been awhile, hasn't it? With the exception of T.I. - Paper Trails, John Legend - Evolver, Neyo - Year of the Gentleman, and dare I say...Lil Wayne's The Carter III... we've been through somewhat of a musical drought. Well, dry spell's over. Let it rain, baby.




Beyonce - I Am Sasha Fierce
November 18th 2008

Favourite Tracks: If I Were a Boy, Single Ladies, Diva, Video Phone. Needless to say I think I prefer the "FIERCE" side of the album. Of course...lol



Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreak
November 25, 2008
As much of a jackass as I think he is....his music can be damn good! Featuring the single 'Love Lockdown'.



Jay Z - Blue Print III
December 2008 - TBD
- (includes 'Jockin Jay Z')



Slim (of 112) - Love's Crazy
November 18, 2008

Call me Crazy, but I like Slim. And I Love the So Fly track so this should be interesting...



Mos Def - The Ecstatic
December 2008 - TBD




Common - Universal Mind Control
December 9, 2008
This album is reportedly produced entirely by the Neptunes.



EPMD - We Mean Business
December 9, 2008
The most sampled hip-hop act of all time return for another go-round on We Mean Business, their 7th LP. This time, they team up with Method Man, Raekwon, Skyzoo, KRS-One, and Keith Murray. Have they lost their touch? I guess we'll see...



QTip - The Renaissance
November 4, 2008

I haven't had a chance to listen to my copy yet, but I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint.


and last but certainly not least....the Canadian R&B Diva:


Deborah Cox - Promise
November 11, 2008.
I haven't had a chance to listen to this one yet either, but Deborah Cox was the SH!T in her hay day.


All this music brings a tear to my eye and a beat to my step. My iPod is going to be put through some heavy usage this season :)

And with that, I'll leave you with one of my favourite R&B Tracks of all time by Deborah Cox and RL:

WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS

:*)

Enjoy!!!


T.

1 comment:

Ssam King said...

Oh, how our tastes in music differ...but you know what we do have in common (besides Common himself)? "Fuego". Haha kidding kidding...kinda.