Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Alice in Wonderland...



...was always one of my favourite books. As a child who lived in her imagination and in her own dreamworld almost as much as she did in reality (or maybe even more so), this book was a god-send. With a ridiculously fun storyline and imagery that far surpasses any book I've read, I am still very much in love with it until this day.


One of my favourite characters is the Queen of Hearts / Red Queen:





And even though many of you didn't like Tim Burton's 2010 adaption, *i* thought it was great because (if for nothing else) the visuals, costumes, and characters were amazing. Helena Bonham-Carter & Johnny Depp rock my socks!


Some of my favourite quotes from the movie:

The Red Queen: And what is this?
White Rabbit: It's a who, majesty. This is... um...
The Red Queen: 'Um'?
Alice Kingsley: From Umbridge.
The Red Queen: What happened to your clothes?
Alice Kingsley: I outgrew them. I've been growing an awful lot lately. I tower over everyone in Umbridge. They laugh at me. So, I've come to you hoping you might understand what it's like.
The Red Queen: My dear girl, anyone with a head that large is welcome in my court. Someone find her some clothes, use the curtains if you must, but clothe this enormous girl.


Stayne - Knave of Hearts: [Stayne sees Alice] And who is this lovely creature?
The Red Queen: Um, my new favourite. .
Stayne - Knave of Hearts: [to Alice] What is your name?
The Red Queen: Um.
Stayne - Knave of Hearts: [to Alice] I believe your name has slipped the Queen's mind.
The Red Queen: Her name is Um, IDIOT!


The Red Queen: You're right, Stayne. It is far better to be feared than loved.


The Mad Hatter: [to Alice] You used to be much more..."muchier." You've lost your muchness.



This post is a prelude to something fun to come ;) Stay tuned....

No comments: