Thursday, June 10, 2010

Stuff Asian People Like

Thanks to ever-so-cute Rina for the link! :) -->> click here for original post

Being a Canadian-born asian girl who probably couldn't carry on a sophisticated converstion in my own native tongue if my life depended on it -- I thought I was far from being the typical asian. This list has proved otherwise lol

Below are the significant things on the list that apply/TOTALLY DOESN'T apply to me:

#130 Ramen -- LAMB ramen *thumbs up*
#127 Spitting -- um EW!!!! i HATE this.
#126 Sushi -- although, i wouldn't agree that this is an asian thing since sushi has become such a phenomenon in these past few years. It's become almost as westernized as fried rice and pad thai.
#125 Hand-Me-Downs -- NAHHhh son. Being the first born (and daddy's princess to boot), results in all new clothes. all.the.time. But i'm sure a lot of my younger cousins got tossed tonnes of the Tran family hand-me-downs.
#124 Role Playing Games -- UM HECK YEAH! Final Fantasy, Wild Arms, MMORPGs, Kingdom Hearts, etcetc. and to think it all started with Chrono Trigger :*)
#123 Pouring Tea for Others -- i dislike serving others, thanks.
#121 Having Nice Things and Not Using Them -- this mainly applies to clothes and jewellery for me. hoarder ferreal.
#118 Impatience -- i'm actually quite patient. a little too patient.
#116 Expensive Food -- food = good. period.
#104 Staying Open on Christmas Day -- thank goodness for dim sum and pmall on holidays
#96 Kirkland Bottled Water & Brita Water Filters -- don't have either. Fiji, Evian, Smartwater, or Nestle all the way.
#91 Multilingualism -- im actually glad my mom strapped me down and forced me to read, write, and speak my native tongue. Albeit, i suck now, but I'm still glad I learned. Don't they say children who know more than one language tend to do better in school?
#84 Child Labor -- my parents put me STRAIGHT to work at their jewellery store. I was paid in promises of new clothes and stationary. *sigh*
#82 Mangosteen -- fave asian fruit (well aside from mango)
#79 Plastic Furniture Covers -- ok no one in my family does this nor do i know of anyone who does this. Maybe it's just me.
#77 Techno -- i effing hate this shit.
#74 Middle Finger Pointing -- pointing is for monkeys.
#66 Taking Pictures -- *posepose* *^_^*
#59 Pale Skin -- clearly does not apply to me but i can understand the appeal
#57 Gambling -- i suck at this :(
#52 Dance Dance Revolution -- awww yeah!! i kick major ass!
#51 Higher Education -- anything other than a university degree was NOT an option for me "we came to this country to give you a better life and a chance at a good education" -- the guilt-trip speech.
#38 White Guys -- *guilty* Ryan Reynolds, hollatcher asian girl. To be fair though, I'm attracted to all walks of life.
#35 Peace Sign -- um yeahhhhh.....
#30 Cash -- actually, i never have cash on me. My debit card takes a beating.
#17 Asian Supermarkets -- well where else am I gonna get Chinese sausages and fobby snacks??
#15 Nintendo Wii
#12 Basketball -- RAPTORS+LAKERS!!
#10 Boba -- ok i hate this word. Call it Bubble Tea, please. LOVE IT.
#8 Karaoke -- i sing anywhere and everywhere.
#6 Korean Soap Operas - adfasdfjasfksfj!!! Siwon, Lee Min Ho -- get at me!
#3 Academics -- A-student throughout life, baby. Ok cept for maybe last year univ when shit got tough and I stopped caring.
#2 Purikura Photos -- aka sticker pix. hehehehe couldn't get enough.
#1 Cute Plush Toys -- now as a grownass woman, i really try to control the urge to by the cute tanned Hawaiian Hello Kitty. but it aint easy.

No comments: